* “Light-induced dilation in nano-sheets of charge transfer complexes“ accepted for the publication by Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, March 2018
* “Kirigami Inspired Nanoconfined Polymer Conducting Nanosheets with 2,000% Stretchability“ accepted for the publication by Advanced Materials, March 2018
* “Energy Transduction Ferroic Materials” accepted for the publication by Materials Today, Jan. 2018
* “Molecular ferroelectrics” in on Nanowerk News Spotlight, Aug. 2017
* “2D organic layers” publication is highlighted by Nanowerk.com, Aug. 2017
* “2D organic layers” accepted for the publication by Nature Communications, Aug. 2017
* “Molecular ferroelectric” accepted for the publication by Science Advances, Aug. 2017
* “RE-doped alumina” publication is highlighted by Nanowerk.com, Jan. 2017
* “High Temperature Phase Transformation of Alumina” Accepted by Scientific Report! A collaborative work with Army Research Laboratory, Dec. 2016.
* “Magnetic energy harvesting through 3D molecular crystals” accepted for the publication by Advanced Materials. Congratulations to B. Xu! Nov. 2016
* “2D Functional Polymer” is accepted for publication in Advanced Materials Interface! Congratulations to Zhuolei! Oct. 2016
* “Exchange Coupled Ferrite Nanomagnet” Accepted for Publication in Chem. Commu.! July 2016.
* “Rare-Earth-Free MnBi nanomagnet” accepted for the publication in Nano Research. July 2016.
“Energy conversion and storage through magnetic nanoparticles” accepted for the publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. June 2016
Charge transfer ferroelectrics accepted for the publication in Small! May, 2016
MnAl based magnetic nanocrystals accepted for the publication in RSC Advance! April, 2016
Magnetoconducting hybrid materials accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces! Congratulations to Zhuolei! April 28, 2016
Multifunctional supramolecular crystals” published by Advanced Materials. March 21, 2016
Chemically driven interfacial superstructures” published by Nano Letters. March 21, 2016
Solution-processed molecular crystals” published by Chemistry of Materials. March 21, 2016
Phase transformation of MnNi nanocrystals accepted for publication in Nanotechnology, January 20, 2016
* “Ultrathin Au Nanowire Induced Phase Transformation” accepted for publication by ACS Appl. Mater. Interface. Dec. 2015.
* “Polymeric Nanoferronics” accepted for publication by the open access of Science journal. Congratulations to Beibei!, Dec. 2015.
Synergistic engineering effect published in Nano Letters, Nov. 2015.
Magnetic FeNi nanocrystals published in Chemistry of Materials, Nov. 2015.
Electrocatalysis of pyrite (HER) published by ACS Catalysis, Sep. 2015
REN group is interviewed by ACS Nano (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugM9XVlJtT4&index=4&list=PLLG7h7fPoH8JrMxNqHXKLEdV3j_nxoawk).
Multiferroicity of charge transfer complex published in ACS Nano, Aug. 2015.
Metal-redox for the synthesis of MnBi nanoparticles published in Chemistry of Materials, July 2015.
REN group moved from KU to Temple University in the summer of 2015!
Dr. Ren receives an early promotion to tenured associate professor at the University of Kansas.
Dr. Ren receives 2015 NSF-CAREER Award!
“Metal-Redox for Nanometal Alloying” Accepted for Publication at Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Congratulations to Alec! December 15, 2014
“Carbon Nanoferronics” Accepted for Publication at Advanced Materials! Congratulations to Wei! October 24, 2014
“Phase Transformation Induced Tetragonal FeCo” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Maogang! September 30, 2014
The Ink Development at REN group Highlighted by “Solar Novus Today” and “KMBZ” September 18, 2014
Dr. Ren Delivered Invited Talk at REPM 2014 (Annapolis, MD); Maogang Received DOE (ARPA-E) Travel Grant to Attend Meeting August 24, 2014
Solar Energy Research Features on CJOnline (The Topeka Capital-Journal) August 24, 2014
Nanocarbon Features on NanotechWeb and PhysicsWorld August 21, 2014
“Nano-Carbon Solar Cell” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Maogang! August 7, 2014
Dr. Ren Features on KU News August 4, 2014
“MFE of Nano-Carbon Complex” Accepted for Publication in Scientific Report! Congratulations to Wei and Maogang!
Dr. Ren Receives Army Research Office -Young Investigator Award (ARO-YIP) July 21, 2014
Our Paper “Interdiffusion Induced Nano-synthesis and Exchange-Coupling” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Alec! July 17, 2014
Dr. Ren gave an invited talk at 2014 Technical Meeting on Novel Nanomagnetic and Multifunctional Materials, Orgalized by AFOSR June 22, 2014
Our Paper “Template-Directed FeCo Nanoshells on AuCu” Accepted for Publication in Small! Congratulations to Maogang! June 21, 2014
REN Group Research Highlighted by Nanotechweb, and IOPselect May 1, 2014
Our Paper “Magnetic and Optoelectronic Properties of Gold Nanocluster-Thiophene Assembly” Accepted for Publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.! Congratulations to Wei and Jess! March 26, 2014
Our Paper “”Iron Sulfide Ink for Growth of Pyrite Crystals” Accepted for Publication in Nanotechnology! Congratulations to by Alec, Phil, Maogang and Huizhong! March 26, 2014
Our Paper “Charge-Transfer Magnetoelectrics of Polymeric Multiferroics” Accepted for Publication in ACS Nano, Congratulations to Wei! March 25, 2014
Our Paper “Graphene Oxide Stabilized Cu2O for Shape Selective Nanocatalysis” Accepted for Publication in Journal of Materials Chemistry A! Congratulations to Chenglin, Xin, Jennifer and Jess! March 3, 2014
ZnO Paper Highlighted in the 2014 Emerging Investigator Themes Issue! March 3, 2014
Our paper “Thermodynamic control of iron pyrite nanocrystal synthesis with high photoactivity and stability” has been selected as a Hot Article for 2013 by Journal of Materials Chemistry A! February 13, 2014
Our Paper on “Superhydrophobicity of hierarchical ZnO nanowire coatings” is published in the Journal of Materials Chemistry A – Congratulations to Maogang! December 18, 2013
Our Paper on Carbon Based Molecular Sensor Published by ACS Nano! Highlighted by Nanowerk! Congratulations to Huizhong and Chenling! August 29, 2013
Dr. Ren Interviewed About Solar Energy Research August 20, 2013
Dr. Ren featured on the KU Today August 19, 2013
Pyrite photocapacitor is accepted to publish in Chemical Communications, Congratulations to Maogang! August 12, 2013
Dr. Ren delivered two invited talks at Air Force Research Laboratory July 16, 2013
Our Paper on “Iron Pyrite Oriented-Attachment” is Accepted by Nature – Scientific Report, Congratulations to Maogang and Alec! June 11, 2013
Dr. Ren is Selected to Serve as North American Editor of the Journal of Experimental Nanoscience June 3, 2013
Our Publication is Selected for Cover in Advanced Materials May 30, 2013
Dr. Ren Awarded Faculty Fellow for Air Force Summer Program May 13, 2013
Congratulations to Alec, Phil, Lianna and Jennifer for 2013 Research Scholarships May 11, 2013
Dr. Ren awarded NSF EPSCoR First Award April 15, 2013
Graduate Student Alec Received An Honorable Mention for NSF-Fellowship March 30, 2013
Undergraduate Researcher Lianna Dang Received Prestigious Goldwater Scholarships March 29, 2013
Dr. Ren To Give An Invited Talk and Chair One Session at MRS (Spring 2013) March 27, 2013
All Carbon Photovoltaic Photodetector Published by Advanced Materials March 25, 2013
Review Article on Hybrid Solar Cells Accepted by Energy & Environmental Science March 25, 2013
Nanocatalyst for Biomass Conversion Published by ACS Nano January 8, 2013
New Growth Model of Iron Pyrite Published as “Hot Article”, Highlighted by J. Mater. Chem. December 10, 2012
New Publication Selected for Journal Cover December 2, 2012
Article Accepted at Nano Letters November 29, 2012
Article Accepted at Advanced Materials November 23, 2012
Dr. Ren Inverviewed by MIT Technology Review November 6, 2012
Article Accepted at Physical Review B October 26, 2012
Dr. Ren Inteviewed by Solar Novus Today October 17, 2012
Article Published by J Mater. Chem October 2, 2012<
Paper Named Top 10 Most Read September 25, 2012
Article Accepted by Nanoscale September 21, 2012
Undergrad Receives NSF_STEM Scholarship September 3, 2012