- “Kirigami-Inspired Conducting Polymer Thermoelectrics from Electrostatic Recognition Driven Assembly” is accepted by ACS Nano July (2018).
- “Magnetic field-directed hybrid anisotropic nanocomposite” is accepted by Nanotechnology Jun.(2018)
- “Rare-earth-free high energy product manganese-based magnetic materials” is accepted by Nanoscale, Jun.2018
- “Freestanding organic charge-transfer conformal electronics” is accepted by Nano Letters, Jun. 2018
- * “Mechanically strong polymer sheets…” is accepted for publication in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters! Congratulations to Zhuolei! April 2018
- * “This 2-D nanosheet expands like a Grow Monster” on UB News, April 18, 2018
- * “Kirigami Inspired Nanoconfined Polymer Conducting Nanosheets with 2,000% Stretchability” on UB News, April 2018
- * “Kirigami Inspired Nanoconfined Polymer Conducting Nanosheets with 2,000% Stretchability” on Nanowerk, Science Newsline, R&D Magazine, Nanotechnology Now, Science Daily, Tech Site, Electronics 360 and iConnect 007, April 2018
- * “Poly(P-Phenylene Terephthalamide) Fibers Reinforced With Ultrathin Ceramic Coatings“ accepted for the publication by Advanced Engineering Materials, April 2018
- * “Photostriction of molecular 2D nanosheet” on Nanowerk News Spotlight, March 2018
- * “Light-induced dilation in nano-sheets of charge transfer complexes“ accepted for the publication by Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, March 2018
- * “Kirigami Inspired Nanoconfined Polymer Conducting Nanosheets with 2,000% Stretchability“ accepted for the publication by Advanced Materials, March 2018
- * “Energy Transduction Ferroic Materials” accepted for the publication by Materials Today, Jan. 2018
- * “Molecular ferroelectrics” in on Nanowerk News Spotlight, Aug. 2017
- * “2D organic layers” publication is highlighted by Nanowerk.com, Aug. 2017
- * “2D organic layers” accepted for the publication by Nature Communications, Aug. 2017
- * “Molecular ferroelectric” accepted for the publication by Science Advances, Aug. 2017
- * “RE-doped alumina” publication is highlighted by Nanowerk.com, Jan. 2017
- * “High Temperature Phase Transformation of Alumina” Accepted by Scientific Report! A collaborative work with Army Research Laboratory, Dec. 2016.
- * “Magnetic energy harvesting through 3D molecular crystals” accepted for the publication by Advanced Materials. Congratulations to B. Xu! Nov. 2016
- * “2D Functional Polymer” is accepted for publication in Advanced Materials Interface! Congratulations to Zhuolei! Oct. 2016
- * “Exchange Coupled Ferrite Nanomagnet” Accepted for Publication in Chem. Commu.! July 2016.
- * “Rare-Earth-Free MnBi nanomagnet” accepted for the publication in Nano Research. July 2016.
- “Energy conversion and storage through magnetic nanoparticles” accepted for the publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. June 2016
- Charge transfer ferroelectrics accepted for the publication in Small! May, 2016
- MnAl based magnetic nanocrystals accepted for the publication in RSC Advance! April, 2016
- Magnetoconducting hybrid materials accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces! Congratulations to Zhuolei! April 28, 2016
- Multifunctional supramolecular crystals” published by Advanced Materials. March 21, 2016
- Chemically driven interfacial superstructures” published by Nano Letters. March 21, 2016
- Solution-processed molecular crystals” published by Chemistry of Materials. March 21, 2016
- Phase transformation of MnNi nanocrystals accepted for publication in Nanotechnology, January 20, 2016
- * “Ultrathin Au Nanowire Induced Phase Transformation” accepted for publication by ACS Appl. Mater. Interface. Dec. 2015.
- * “Polymeric Nanoferronics” accepted for publication by the open access of Science journal. Congratulations to Beibei!, Dec. 2015.
- Synergistic engineering effect published in Nano Letters, Nov. 2015.
- Magnetic FeNi nanocrystals published in Chemistry of Materials, Nov. 2015.
- Electrocatalysis of pyrite (HER) published by ACS Catalysis, Sep. 2015
- REN group is interviewed by ACS Nano (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugM9XVlJtT4&index=4&list=PLLG7h7fPoH8JrMxNqHXKLEdV3j_nxoawk).
- Multiferroicity of charge transfer complex published in ACS Nano, Aug. 2015.
- Metal-redox for the synthesis of MnBi nanoparticles published in Chemistry of Materials, July 2015.
- REN group moved from KU to Temple University in the summer of 2015!
- Dr. Ren receives an early promotion to tenured associate professor at the University of Kansas.
- Dr. Ren receives 2015 NSF-CAREER Award!
- “Metal-Redox for Nanometal Alloying” Accepted for Publication at Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Congratulations to Alec!
December 15, 2014
- “Carbon Nanoferronics” Accepted for Publication at Advanced Materials! Congratulations to Wei!
October 24, 2014
- “Phase Transformation Induced Tetragonal FeCo” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Maogang!
September 30, 2014
- The Ink Development at REN group Highlighted by “Solar Novus Today” and “KMBZ”
September 18, 2014
- Dr. Ren Delivered Invited Talk at REPM 2014 (Annapolis, MD); Maogang Received DOE (ARPA-E) Travel Grant to Attend Meeting
August 24, 2014
- Solar Energy Research Features on CJOnline (The Topeka Capital-Journal)
August 24, 2014
- Nanocarbon Features on NanotechWeb and PhysicsWorld
August 21, 2014
- “Nano-Carbon Solar Cell” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Maogang!
August 7, 2014
- Dr. Ren Features on KU News
August 4, 2014
- “MFE of Nano-Carbon Complex” Accepted for Publication in Scientific Report! Congratulations to Wei and Maogang!
- Dr. Ren Receives Army Research Office -Young Investigator Award (ARO-YIP)
July 21, 2014
- Our Paper “Interdiffusion Induced Nano-synthesis and Exchange-Coupling” Accepted for Publication in Nano Letters! Congratulations to Alec!
July 17, 2014
- Dr. Ren gave an invited talk at 2014 Technical Meeting on Novel Nanomagnetic and Multifunctional Materials, Orgalized by AFOSR
June 22, 2014
- Our Paper “Template-Directed FeCo Nanoshells on AuCu” Accepted for Publication in Small! Congratulations to Maogang!
June 21, 2014
- REN Group Research Highlighted by Nanotechweb, and IOPselect
May 1, 2014
- Our Paper “Magnetic and Optoelectronic Properties of Gold Nanocluster-Thiophene Assembly” Accepted for Publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.! Congratulations to Wei and Jess!
March 26, 2014
- Our Paper “”Iron Sulfide Ink for Growth of Pyrite Crystals” Accepted for Publication in Nanotechnology! Congratulations to by Alec, Phil, Maogang and Huizhong!
March 26, 2014
- Our Paper “Charge-Transfer Magnetoelectrics of Polymeric Multiferroics” Accepted for Publication in ACS Nano, Congratulations to Wei!
March 25, 2014
- Our Paper “Graphene Oxide Stabilized Cu2O for Shape Selective Nanocatalysis” Accepted for Publication in Journal of Materials Chemistry A! Congratulations to Chenglin, Xin, Jennifer and Jess!
March 3, 2014
- ZnO Paper Highlighted in the 2014 Emerging Investigator Themes Issue!
March 3, 2014
- Our paper “Thermodynamic control of iron pyrite nanocrystal synthesis with high photoactivity and stability” has been selected as a Hot Article for 2013 by Journal of Materials Chemistry A!
February 13, 2014
- Our Paper on “Superhydrophobicity of hierarchical ZnO nanowire coatings” is published in the Journal of Materials Chemistry A – Congratulations to Maogang!
December 18, 2013
- Our Paper on Carbon Based Molecular Sensor Published by ACS Nano! Highlighted by Nanowerk! Congratulations to Huizhong and Chenling!
August 29, 2013
- Dr. Ren Interviewed About Solar Energy Research
August 20, 2013
- Dr. Ren featured on the KU Today
August 19, 2013
- Pyrite photocapacitor is accepted to publish in Chemical Communications, Congratulations to Maogang!
August 12, 2013
- Dr. Ren delivered two invited talks at Air Force Research Laboratory
July 16, 2013
- Our Paper on “Iron Pyrite Oriented-Attachment” is Accepted by Nature – Scientific Report, Congratulations to Maogang and Alec!
June 11, 2013
- Dr. Ren is Selected to Serve as North American Editor of the Journal of Experimental Nanoscience
June 3, 2013
- Our Publication is Selected for Cover in Advanced Materials
May 30, 2013
- Dr. Ren Awarded Faculty Fellow for Air Force Summer Program
May 13, 2013
- Congratulations to Alec, Phil, Lianna and Jennifer for 2013 Research Scholarships
May 11, 2013
- Dr. Ren awarded NSF EPSCoR First Award
April 15, 2013
- Graduate Student Alec Received An Honorable Mention for NSF-Fellowship
March 30, 2013
- Undergraduate Researcher Lianna Dang Received Prestigious Goldwater Scholarships
March 29, 2013
- Dr. Ren To Give An Invited Talk and Chair One Session at MRS (Spring 2013)
March 27, 2013
- All Carbon Photovoltaic Photodetector Published by Advanced Materials
March 25, 2013
- Review Article on Hybrid Solar Cells Accepted by Energy & Environmental Science
March 25, 2013
- Nanocatalyst for Biomass Conversion Published by ACS Nano
January 8, 2013
- New Growth Model of Iron Pyrite Published as “Hot Article”, Highlighted by J. Mater. Chem.
December 10, 2012
- New Publication Selected for Journal Cover
December 2, 2012
- Article Accepted at Nano Letters
November 29, 2012
- Article Accepted at Advanced Materials
November 23, 2012
- Dr. Ren Inverviewed by MIT Technology Review
November 6, 2012
- Article Accepted at Physical Review B
October 26, 2012
- Dr. Ren Inteviewed by Solar Novus Today
October 17, 2012
- Article Published by J Mater. Chem
October 2, 2012<
- Paper Named Top 10 Most Read
September 25, 2012
- Article Accepted by Nanoscale
September 21, 2012
- Undergrad Receives NSF_STEM Scholarship
September 3, 2012